Saturday, August 1, 2009

From wondering to wonder...

The Concordance gives the following for "wonder": to show Self wonderful (God), a wonder, singular thing, miracle, astonishment, amazement, great astonishement, startling.
The thesaurus adds: awe, marvel, marvelous, reverence, stare open-mouthed...and more. The gist is, to wonder, or feel wonder, causes...wonder. Surely it is one of those words that is felt, experienced, and difficult to explain. Anyway, there have been some "wonders" that Father has impressed on me to note, to notice, and truly, they ARE wonderful [full of wonder].
Ah, the wonder of it, that my total history has been REwritten in Christ.
Ah, the wonder of it, that there was One who was willing to die for me, and for ALL men, Jesus Christ.
Ah, the wonder of it, that all - ALL - sin was removed, forgiven, on the cross of Christ. He is the Lamb who took away the sin of the world.
Ah, the wonder of it, that God, who is Love, loves all - those who love Him, those who do not love Him, those who do not believe in Him, those who hate Him. Yes, the wonder, almost unbelievable wonder, of such love, of such a God and Father. Just think, His love is unfailing, never ends, ageless, ceaseless, ever endures (in other words, it never gives up).
Ah, the wonder of it, that we "live, and move, and have our being in Him." And just think, that was addressed to the unbelieving Greeks!
Ah, the wonder of it, that I am being conformed to the image of Christ.
Ah, the wonder of it - just think, that "as He IS (now), so AM I in the world." Oh my, can we even begin to grasp such a wonder.
Ah, the wonder of it, that we have been (past tense!) blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing in the heavenlies (the highest) in Christ.
Ah, the wonder of it, that we are (NOW) the temple of His Spirit. So when I read "How beautiful are Your dwelling places, O God," I rejoice with overflowing praise and thanksgiving that I am His dwelling place.
Ah, the wonder of it, that "I was crucified with Christ...and the life I now live in this flesh (body), it live by the faith of Christ..." By His faith!
Ah, the wonder of it, that we did not choose Him, but HE chose us - before the creation of the world, even of the universe. Therefore, I am His chosen one, His ordained one (not by man, but by God).
Ah, the wonder of it, that He has reconciled ALL to Himself in/through Christ. Hallelujah, we serve a gloriously victorious Saviour, who will have ALL saved (He is NOT a "wannabe" Saviour, who tried and failed because of the vaunted "free will" of man. NO, He will have HIS way. Amen).
Ah, the wonder of it - the marvels of the human body and how intricately and wondrously it is made. The more we learn, the more we stand in awe.
Ah, the wonder of it, that You are giving me eyes to see as You see.
Ah, the wonder of it, that the love of God has been "torrented" in our hearts by the holy Spirit. Poured out, like Niagara Falls!
Ah, the wonder of it, that we are enriched in every way, in Christ. EVERY way (our Father enriches us holistically!)
Ah, the wonder of it, that you call me Your beloved. Your love of/for me and Your choice of me constitute my worth, my identity. Oh my...
Ah, the wonder of it, that I actually DO have the mind of Christ.
Ah, the wonder of it, that in Christ, by His Spirit, I am His witness.
Ah, the wonder of it, that Christ IS my peace.
Ah, the wonder of it, that His perfect love casts out all my fear.
The list is, in one way, never-ending. I shall stop now, for the nonce, yet I am sure there will be more wonders to cause awe, amazement, reverence, astonishment, and...joy (not mentioned as a definition of wonder, but surely joy is entwined in the wonder we feel).
Praise You, Lord, and thank You for the gift of wonder, seeing all as in Christ.
Hallelujah.

No comments: